lunes, 23 de enero de 2012

My Blogging Story


      Expressing your feelings, writing about your life, and publishing your photos within it to make allusive your text in a blog; isn´t there a Facebook to do this? The answer is yes, but educationally opposite.
     A few 365 days ago, I didn´t know what in the world was blogging therefore making social media my best companion in the network.  I used to spend approximately 4 hours chatting and reading a bunch of nonsense from everyone’s way of thinking; being ignorant to a world full of knowledge and important facts to enrich and update my grey matter´s information.
     Until a day, a physics professor(MrJP) entered the classroom and started exposing about the importance of blogging and tons of new innovative web sites for the sake of education. This teacher was known for being tedious assigning the same works every single year, and I felt stunned because of his radical change. I am best known everywhere because I love technology and I consider myself a person who manages and gets into technology very easy. That day I was simply seating on my desk showing no interest, but my inner I was amazed and joyful about it. Months passed and this teacher kept updating himself with new software and even hardware. Everything he learned, everything he taught us and we had to put it in practice that way we got used to it.
        At first, I dedicated myself to the new web sites (that way elaborating 21st century student´s homework and projects which are shown in this same blog) and pay little attention to the blogging stuff.  Hopefully, I got sick and tired of reading the same nonsenses every day; I need something new; something fresh baked something that was for my own benefit and not an addictive drug such as the social media. So, I tried blogging. Wow! I could feel the gigantic difference since the first day I blogged.  Even though I haven´t had a lifetime blogging, I have notice something has changed.

          Blogging is a great choice to improve your grammar, avoid jargon, enrich your vocabulary, and express yourself through writing.  Also blogging creates an insatiable thirst for reading. In my case grammar was improved because I had to write to spell the words correctly (not using abbreviations, jargon, or pieces of that word to meant something) and implement subject-verb agreement to state a completely thought since I didn´t want to be internationally embarrassed. Blogging also helps enrich your vocabulary, because sometimes the writer tends to repeat several words in the same text and the reader in most of the cases gets entirely bored. So, you are forced to use strange words as synonyms and that way you learn and also your reader learns. In school there is always an introvert person (someone who is shy and barely says a word) therefore having little participation and his opinion in kept in the depth of his mind; by blogging this persons can easily express themselves, gain self-confidence, and even change their personality.  Blogs are about any topic you like the most, and as every normal person someday you would simply ran out of ideas. Once, I ran out of ideas and suddenly I had this incontrollable need of reading a book to post something. Incredibly, blogging has influence in my learning ability and in my English.
        This world is changing, new things are welcomed and old stuff is little by little vanishing, start updating yourselves, improve your English since it is becoming a globalize language, innovate people, companies; we can´t  just be living and operating with antique methods. Just as social media became famous by a lot of users, we can also level up education by promoting and making a habit within us to innovate the world, and  an excellent way to start is blogging.         

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario