lunes, 2 de enero de 2012

We are the World, We are the FAMILY

     
  There is no such thing more entertaining than to spend the winter vacations with the family. Every year, my family meets at my grandparent´s house to say goodbye to the old year and welcome a new year full of prosperity and blessings. My grandparents live in a small village up in the mountains where there is no network, internet, television, nor malls. It seems to be a place where dinosaurs are still evolving and man has recently discovered the fire, but certainly it´s a really amazing place barely touched by humanity and a suitable site to coexist with the family. 
     When I refer to my family, I´m talking about more less 70 people, all living in one same spot. However, some relatives couldn´t attend because either they had a compromise or they live far away. Since most of my kin live away from each other, while conversing they changed the topic every minute; they had so much things and events to talk about. Everybody was happy and laughing at each other’s anecdotes and experiences. Everyone fully enjoyed the stay except for the cookers which had to prepare food for almost 70 people. That made a total amount of 210 dishes per day! Each meal time was madness! 


     At sleeping time it was also a chaos, some had to sleep in the kitchen, in the living room and even others had to sleep in their car. Hopefully, my father owns a huge house in that same village enough to harbor the majority of the people. 
     Every single day, I had so much fun with them all. It was simply perfect: the weather was cold, I had no homework, I was with my loved ones, and I could eat whatever I wanted because Grandma owns a store. Indeed, I did help in the household chores and helped mount a solar panel to enlighten the house.
      On December 31st, we had a barbecue and grill to spend the last hours of the former year together. When the clock struck 12:00 am, everyone hugged and together we declared a word of blessing upon this new year. We thanked God for all the things He had given us and for keeping us together as a family under his protection.

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario